Your Union has confirmed over 100 workers in Baiada have tested positive to COVID-19, this may put you and your family at considerable risk.
Your Union has urged Baiada to provide COVID financial support to the affected workers , N95 masks and daily RAT tests to all workers but Baiada has said NO to all measures.
Baiada does not respect you and your family’s safety. Union members are fighting to protect your safety. If you are not a member, there has never been a more important time to join. Click here to become a member and join us as we fight to protect the safety of workers, families and the community.
– SIGN OUR URGENT OPEN LETTER TO BAIDA NOW! –
We, the undersigned, demand Baida take urgent action to:
- Undertake a Risk Assessment for Omicron. Risk Assessments should be conducted in consultation with UWU (United Workers Union) health and safety representatives, delegates, and members.
- Ensure all workers have access to free Rapid Antigen Tests in the workplace. Testing should occur in work time.
- Provide workers with any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required in the workplace, at no cost to workers. Employers must ensure that equipment, such as N95 masks, are properly fitted, and that they provide training for all workers on the use of such equipment.
- Financial Payment for workers who have to isolate, including when waiting for a Covid test result.
- Support the role of Health and Safety Representatives in the workplace, including through paid leave to attend training.
- Consult with UWU members about the development and implementation of a workplace health and safety plan
- Provide adequate, clean, and safe facilities for workers to take breaks, and ensure the workplace is cleaned and maintained to the highest standard.
- Take additional steps, as needed, to support the needs of workers who are immunocompromised, or who care for others who are immunocompromised.