UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
The United Workers Union is seeking highly motivated Travel Administrative Support officer in NSW.
ABOUT UNITED WORKERS’ UNION
United Workers’ Union is a powerful member-led union whose sole purpose is to serve the collective interests of members in workplaces and communities by winning significant and long-lasting gains.
The Union is driving change by growing union membership, developing leadership amongst our members, encouraging active member participation in the union, building and enforcing standards in our sectors, and campaigning both politically and in the community.
As a union with a proudly diverse membership, we are committed to equity and inclusion; and continuing to build a union that is truly representative of the workers we cover. We strive to ensure that every member’s voice can be heard and create opportunities for participation from members with diverse backgrounds in all activities/functions of the Union. We encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
The United Workers Union is proudly affiliated with the Australian Labor Party.
The Travel Administrative Support officer provides travel bookings and high-level administrative support for State office, portfolios, directors, industry and specialist teams.
The person must possess strong organisational and administration skills and will be a detail-oriented team player with great service delivery skills.
The duties of this position are as follows:
- • Book domestic travel, accommodation and hire cars in line with UWU approval process
- • Processing of virtual cards and cab charges
- • Office administration including – photocopying, scanning, data entry, typing, formatting, mail merges, collating of documents including spread sheets and word processing
- • Coordinating events, venues and catering
- • Organise printing of stationery and forms as requested
- • Back up for Right of Entry
- • Relief Receptionist
- • Other duties as requested.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The skills required for this position are:
- • Minimum 2 years’ experience in travel industry
- • A strong knowledge of online booking tools specifically Serko
- • Excellent verbal, written communication and customer service skills
- • Advanced Microsoft skills in Office, Word and Excel
- • Enthusiastic, proactive and has the ability to work in a team environment
- • Deliver a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; and
- • A commitment to the United Workers Union’s values.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which will include:
- • Salary commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience;
- • 16% superannuation
- • 4 weeks annual leave plus 25% leave loading
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, together with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Julie Korlevska, Deputy Director (People, Culture and Change) to [email protected]
Completed applications must be received by 4pm (AEDT) Friday 14th May 2021.
For further information about the role, please email [email protected]