Your union will soon be bargaining for a new agreement. Members endorsed this log of claims last year. This is your chance to have your say before the next mass meeting.
- No reduction in wages and conditions
- A 6% first year increase to align with Linfox (Coles) NDC Somerton
- Coverage of all new Linfox Coles DC’s
- A Fair Disciplinary Procedure
- No Pick Rates or Performance standards used to discipline or performance manager workers
- Increase to redundancy entitlements, including choice of redundancy or redeployment
- Increased rights injured workers
- Regular conversion of agency staff to permanent roles w/ length of service main criteria
- Rostering & Rotation of work on site
- Paid Disaster Leave (including paid pandemic leave)
- Better rights to union representation
- Meal allowance paid on or after 1 hour overtime
- Shift Loading paid on all forms of leave
- Public Holiday rates increased
- Increase to Annual Leave entitlements
Increase of RDO hours
Wage Increase & Allowances – Wage Parity with Somerton @ 6% increase in the first year to align
No Pick Rates or Performance Standards – warnings no longer to be issued based off percentage or Engineered Labour Standards (ELS) and management to acknowledge a team members working to the best of their ability consistent with the principle of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay, whether directly employed or indirectly employed.
A Fair Disciplinary Procedure – Counselling first then a three-tiered system with warnings to last 9-12 months. Breaches of different issues to be addressed separately e.g. safety or attendance.
Redundancy – 5 weeks per year, uncapped with offer of volunteers in the first instance
Retraining & Redeployment – if DC is automated in the future
Fair process for Injured workers – That all workers be offered suitable light duties in line with restrictions provided by a medical practitioner (regardless of whether the injury was suffered at work or not). If no duties are available at the employee’s normal workplace, or another suitable location, the employee will be stood down on full pay.
That in relation to medical examinations:
Disaster Leave – 14 Days paid Disaster Leave per occasion
Sick Leave – No evidence needed for any single days of sick leave
Rostering & Rotation – improvement in rostering to provide full timers priority of roles and a fair rotation of tasks distributed consistently.
Conversion to full time – The company to create more stable employment, with regular conversion based on Tenure as the main criteria – Ratio 4:1 reviewed every 4 months.
Union Rights – That the Agreement provide for enhanced Union rights, including:
Allowances – A meal allowance to be paid after one hour of overtime
Shift loading on leave – Shift loading to be paid for all leave i.e. sick leave
Public Holiday Rates – Increase in penalty rates on all public holidays
Annual Leave – Increase to annual leave entitlements
RDOs – Increase to RDO entitlements
Something missing? Contact your delegate or organiser. New claims that have wide support will be included in an updated log of claims for members to endorse.