To: Lite N Easy, 1 Grevillea St, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
I am a worker at Lite N Easy, 1 Grevillea St, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
I have been made aware of a worker who is positive with COVID-19. They are employed as an agency worker at Lite N Easy, 1 Grevillea St, Eastern Creek NSW 2766.
I have been made aware that this worker has been in the workplace in close proximity with numerous other workers during their last shift on Friday 13/08/2021.
The worker who is positive to COVID-19 may have also used shared equipment, facilities, amenities, entrance and exits. There is a real potential that COVID-19 has also been spread in the workplace through other contact points, such as but not limited to:
- The Kitchen area where this worker work
- Toilets and other amenities
This PCBU has failed to provide and maintain a work environment without risks to health and safety, safe systems of work and an infection control plan adhering to information from NSW Health and Safe Work Australia. This Includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Failing to notify Safe Work NSW when Lite n Easy first became aware of the positive case.
- Advising all workers to get COVID
- tested and self-isolate until they return a negative result.
- Adequately deep cleaning the Lite N Easy site and closing the site for a reasonable period until all close contacts were identified and all casual contacts returned a negative result.
We direct that workers cease work in accordance with s85 (1) of the WHS Act as there is a reasonable concern that to carry out the work would expose the worker to a serious risk to their health or safety, emanating from an immediate or imminent exposure to a hazard, namely a high threat and degree of risk to the COVID-19 contagion
In accordance with s84 of the WHS Act, we have the right to cease work if there is a serious risk to health or safety emanating from an immediate exposure to a hazard, being COVID-19, that affects ors may affect a member of another work group.
In accordance with s84 of the WHS Act, we are providing notice that we are ceasing work given the serious risk to our health and safety.