‘First Nations United’ Raffle
Terms & Conditions
- The United Workers Union (UWU) (ABN 52 728 088 684) will operate a prize draw (Prize Draw or Draw) on the terms & conditions set out below.
- The prizes offered in the Prize Draw are:
Choice of one of three artworks
Choice of one of two artworks
Family Coming Together
Donna May Plummer
55 x 75 cm
Emu to Waterhole
40 x 50 cm
50 x 70 cm
Book Package 1
Welcome to Country: A Travel Guide to Indigenous Australia, Marcia Langton
The Yield, Tara June Winch
Trugannini, Cassandra Rybus
Somebody’s Land, Adam Goodes and Ellie Lang
Book Package 2
Art and Soul, Hetti Perkins
Ochre and Rust: Artefacts and Encounters on Australian Fronteirs, Phillip Jones
Welcome to Country, Aunty Joy Murphy and Lisa Kennedy
- The Prize Draw will be open from 27th May to 9.00am on 3rd June 2022
- Participation in the Prize Draw will be by way of purchase of raffle tickets (Tickets) online at: http://unitedworkers.org.au/reconciliation-week-2022/
- All proceeds from the sale of Tickets will go towards support for First Nations members in seeking employment.
- The sale of Tickets will be governed by the UWU’s relevant financial policies and proceedures.
- You are eligible to go into the Draw to win one of the Prizes if you are a:
- member of UWU,
- employed by the UWU; or
- support the values of the UWU set out in its Rules.
- You will be automatically entered into the Draw upon the purchase of a Ticket, provided you meet the eligibility requirement set out above.
- You may enter the Draw multiple times according to the number of Tickets you purchase.
- You may win more than one Prize.
- The UWU reserves the right to disqualify you from the Prize Draw, or to withdraw the offer of a Prize, where your conduct is deemed to be prima facie contrary to the UWU Rules and its Member Code of Conduct, whether or not such conduct is connected to the Prize Draw.
- Where you cease to be employed by the UWU or cease your membership of the UWU, following the purchase of a Ticket, you remain entitled to any Prize awarded to you, other than where your employment or membership has been terminated by the UWU for conduct deemed to be prima facie contrary to the UWU Rules and its Member Code of Conduct.
- The Draw will take place by livestream on Friday, 3 June at 12pm AEST. It will be drawn by the President of the UWU or a member delegated by the President to conduct the Draw, and will be witnessed in person by two UWU officials.
- A decision by the UWU in relation to any aspect of the Prize or the Prize Draw is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winners will receive formal notification by email or telephone (using details held by the UWU on record) within 7 days of being chosen and must notify the UWU as to the collection and, where relevant, selection, of their Prize, either in person, or where this is not possible, must provide a postal address. If a winner does not respond to the UWU within 14 days of being notified to arrange to claim their Prize, their Prize may be forfeited and the UWU will be entitled to withdraw the forfeited Prize from the Prize Draw or to conduct a further Draw to award the forfeited Prize to a new winner.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The UWU reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so.
- The UWU reserves the right to void, cancel, suspend or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- As far as permitted by law, the UWU, its officials, employees or agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or participants in the Prize Draw, or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize, except where it is caused by UWU negligence or that of its officials, employees or agents.
- The Prize Draw is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, including applicable Commonwealth laws, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the Victorian and/or Commonwealth Courts.
- The UWU may update these Terms & Conditions from time to time. An updated version will be published on the UWU website and will be effective as soon as it is published.
25 May 2022