Terms & Conditions
- The United Workers Union (UWU) (ABN 52 728 088 684) will operate a prize draw (Prize Draw or Draw) on the terms & conditions set out below.
- The prize offered in the Prize Draw is a Coles voucher valued at $AU100 (Prize or Prizes). Up to five Prizes are available.
- The Prize Draw will be open from 1 November, 2021 to 1 December, 2021 (Time Period).
- You are eligible to go into the Draw to win one of the Prizes if you meet the following requirements:
a. You are a member of the UWU;
b. You were sent an email or an SMS by the UWU during the Time Period asking you to check your current contract details are correct and providing you a link to a dedicated form for this purpose (Form); and
c. You replied to the UWU by completing the Form, and amended, updated, altered, confirmed or provided your contact details to the UWU within the Time Period.
- Officials or employees of the UWU are not eligible to go into the Draw. This includes an Immediate Family Member of an official or employee of the UWU. ‘Immediate Family Member’ means any child, stepchild, parent, stepparent, spouse, sibling, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and any person (other than a tenant or employee) sharing the household of an officer or staff member.
- If you amend, update, alter, confirm or provide your contact details to the UWU other than by way of the Form you will not be eligible to go into the Draw.
- You will be automatically entered into the Draw if you meet the eligibility requirements set out above.
- You will only be entered once into the Draw, even if you complete the Form on multiple occasions.
- A member can win only one of the Prizes available.
- The UWU reserves the right to disqualify you from the Prize Draw, or to withdraw the offer of a Prize, where you are found to be ineligible, where you are no longer a member, or where your conduct is deemed to be prima facie contrary to the UWU Rules and its Member Code of Conduct, whether or not such conduct is connected to the Prize Draw.
- The draw will take place on Friday 3, December 2021 at 16:00pm. It will be drawn by an authorized officer of the UWU at 833 Bourke Street Docklands and witnessed by two other UWU officials.
- A decision by the UWU in relation to any aspect of the Prize or the Prize Draw is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Confirmation that the Prizes have been awarded may be provided by the UWU to a member entered into the Prize Draw upon request, but no identifying details of any other members in the Prize Draw or of those awarded the Prizes, or of the UWU officials responsible for the conduct of the Prize Draw will be provided.
- The winner(s) will receive notification by email or telephone (using details held by the UWU on record) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their Prize. If a winner does not respond to the UWU within 14 days of being notified, their Prize will be forfeited and the UWU will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process outlined above or to withdraw the forfeited Prize from the Prize Draw.
- The Prize will be sent to a winner within 14 days of the winner confirming the postal address for receipt of the Prize.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The UWU reserves the right to replace the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so.
- The UWU reserves the right to void, cancel, suspend or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
- As far as permitted by law, the UWU, its officials, employees or agents will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or participants in the Prize Draw, or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize, except where it is caused by UWU negligence or that of its officials, employees or agents.
- The Prize Draw is governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, including applicable Commonwealth laws, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the Victorian and/or Commonwealth Courts.
- The UWU may update these Terms & Conditions from time to time. An updated version will be published on the UWU website and will be effective as soon as it is published.
1 November 2021