Applications now open for
Member Organiser Training!
United Workers Union has an exciting opportunity for union members in the logistics and warehousing industry.
Two members in Melbourne and two in Sydney will be able to participate in a paid, full-time Member Organiser Training program in the logistics team for 3 months.
The program also accomodates part-timers and others in need of flexible arrangements.
If you are passionate about building worker power, fighting for workers’ rights and developing activist and delegate structures, this program is for you!
The program will run on the following dates:
- February 2023 – 30 April 2023
- May 2023 – July 2023
- August 2023 – October 2023
You will be working alongside a team of organisers and delegates, HSRs and members on big campaigns as well as everyday workplace issues.
You will receive ongoing training and mentoring.
The role will involve:
- Visits to lunchrooms to hold one-on-one and group conversations to grow our union
- Assisting and running union inductions
- Running individual representations
- Running mass meetings
- Conducting and assisting with EBA negotiations
- Working with and educating new delegates
- Assisting with company or industry wide organising plans
- Escalating grievances