Your Union For Casino Workers
We fight for fairness at the casino.
We work in every department of the casino, including table games, food and beverage, hotels, security, cleaning, and more. We are direct casino employees and we are contract workers – we are one union family. Together we are campaigning for secure jobs with fair pay and good working conditions. We know big casinos have the money and power to provide good jobs, and together we are making sure they do. We are campaigning all across Australia and we’ve already had some big wins.
United Workers Union is our union for workers in Australian casnios.
UWU represents over 150,000 workers from all walks of life across Australia. Throughout our history, we’ve shown when working people come together, we win.
We fight hard for jobs you can count on, decent pay and conditions, and respect at work. Your union is here to help you, we provide a range of quality services, benefits and representation when you need it.
- Major casino operators Crown and The Star were some of the first companies to agree to paid pandemic leave. We also won two weeks pay for many casino workers who were stood down.
- Casino workers also won employer hardship funds and payments totalling millions of dollars for workers not eligible for the government wage subsidy, or experiencing other hardships.
- During the year we kept the union together and strong while casinos were shut, and pivoted quickly to helping members with the practical support they needed in a crisis, e.g. help navigating Centrelink, information on financial assistance, mortgage/rent deferrals and more.
- Amidst the COVID pandemic, we were able to secure a commitment from both The Star and Crown to end indoor smoking across all casinos by 2023.
- And we started building the union at the new Crown Sydney casino – there are only a couple hundred workers there at the moment, but already two out of every three are UWU members.
TAKE ACTION FOR CASINO WORKERS:
JOIN YOUR UNION
CONNECT WITH US
BECOME A DELEGATE
CONTACT YOUR UNION
To join your union now:
- Join online here or call our Membership Services Team on (02) 8204 3001
To update your contact details, or for membership queries:
- Please call our Membership Services Team on (02) 8204 3001 or email [email protected]
For assistance with a workplace issue:
- Please call or email your State or Territory Office on the contact details here.
Join the union for Casino workers!
Standing together, we can change our workplaces.